[BC] Subsidy For Digital TV?

Harold Hallikainen harold
Fri Oct 21 16:20:09 CDT 2005

> I just wonder how many people who aren't on cable will install
> antennas. I started with the unamplified Terk and got one station
> whose tower I could see. The rest, nothing. I even bought the big
> amplified Terk. Nothing.

I bought a big yagi, a rotor, an on mast amplifier, and stuck it up 20
feet AGL. I can see the local NBC (30 miles north), CBS (in town), ABC (50
miles south), plus a translator for PBS (30 miles north). Also see a BUNCH
of LPTVs running shopping and Spanish. Also have it connected to our FM
radios so we can hear KPYG. All the TV is NTSC so far. Don't have a tuner
for DTV.

Harold
Santa Maria, CA

--