[BC] NAB officially announces their new head

Rich Wood richwood
Fri Oct 21 14:37:17 CDT 2005

------ At 11:56 AM 10/21/2005, Brian Urban wrote: -------

>What's to know?
>
>Open container, drink contents
>Repeat

You need to get out more. There are so many beers out there and
fanatical beer drinkers that make Starbucks look like the company
cafeteria. High test or decaf. Given what we have at the NAB I would
have accepted Gomer Pyle as its new head (no pun intended). If you've
ever read any of Peter Drucker's books on management, the general
consensus is that a good manager can manage anything. Don't forget
that broadcasters are often a pain in the butt to government (we're
supposed to be their watchdogs). I think we can broadside legislators
when the former beer guy hits them with a carton of beer and an
argument for broadcasters. Who knows. Maybe he's actually listened to radio.

The more I think about it I agree that he's been chosen for his
contacts. He knows the criticism. All the more reason to prove
himself by working on our behalf (after TV). I'm reminded of a long
defective skating rink in New York. The city just couldn't get it
fixed. Donald Trump volunteered to fix it. He knew nothing about
rinks but had the money and contacts to get it fixed very quickly.

Just like the current Supreme Court nominee I'm going to wait to see
what level of incompetence she exhibits in the hearings. I have much
better feelings about the NAB's chances of resurrection.

Rich