[BC] Moving ahead; was: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Barry Mishkind barry
Fri Oct 21 01:13:37 CDT 2005

I have to agree with Bob.

There is general agreement that IBOC has problems. The potential for
interference is there. There is also ample evidence that if nothing
is done, broadcast stations will be in trouble.

We have beaten this part of the issue to death. I believe there is no
reason to either laud IBOC as the savior of broadcasting nor proclaim
it as the death.

You are welcome to detest IBOC. You are welcome to advocate it.

But, we prevent useful discussion if all we do is repeat the same
mantra. It all becomes a major tune-out.  Accordingly, any thread
that does no more than bash or praise IBOC will need to be
terminated, or moved to the AF.

Let's see if we can do something positive here.

What have you learned as IBOC was being implemented at your facility?

We can also explore what you can do by participating with the NRSC.

Folks, whether we had a share in the set-up or not, it is here. It is
on the air. As broadcast engineers and programmers (yes, we know that
content is important), let's either focus on the what can be
accomplished with the tools we have, or let it go for a while....

OK?

thanks

At 10:30 PM 10/20/2005, Robert Orban wrote