[BC] HD Radio's lack of upgrade capability

Michael Bergman mbergman42
Thu Oct 20 20:49:36 CDT 2005

Phil,

> Dedicate a small segment of bandwidth and send updates
> continuously. Clever software will recognize what it
> needs from the stream. Never allow the update to go
> live unless it checks CRC and equals a second d/l, then
> provide the rollback button for clearing a glitch caused
> by local hardware. None of this is rocket science. <g>

Great!  I'm sold.  Send me your resume, but note that this is an unpaid
position...after all, no one is paying for the feature, right?  <g>

> OTA, the upgrade hardware is paid for as part of the
> set purchase.

Oh--my mistake!  It IS paid for.  I can pass the cost on to the consumer.
Brilliant!  Why don't we think of great stuff like this?  I need new
financial people or something.  Give me a minute so I can my competitors
quickly and ask them to please do the same thing, so we call all be on an
even playing field.

> The only issue in the early years is that
> the base must continually expand to keep Ibiquity's
> revenue up.

That's great, but if you're working on keeping someone's revenue up, could
you put us on the list?

> Then, we have a real system.

The system now is imaginary?  Is that "imaginary as in Lewis Carroll" or
"imaginary as in sqrt(-1)"?  Is that what the 'i' in iBOC is for, i.e.,
iBOC^2 = -BOC^2?  (What about iPod?)

Hmmm...
-(BOC)^2) = -B^2*O^2*C^2, B is antenna magnetic field, C is coulombs, O
is...O is...I'll have to get back to you on this.

(Sorry--couldn't resist...)

Mike Bergman