[BC] How the industry says it

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Oct 20 13:14:11 CDT 2005

On 19 Oct 2005 at 6:49, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> At 06:01 AM 10/19/2005, Phil Alexander wrote
> >I heard a few spots on radio about a month ago urging listeners
> >to write their congress critters urging them to help "first
> >responders" by moving all TV to the new (and lots of other
> >favorable adjectives) digital HDTV so first responders could
> >use the frequencies.
>
>          Ah .. so they can use their power
>          to lobby for the "first responders"
>          but not for the industry.
>
>          Must be something about competition, right?

Maybe more about how little they really intend giving the
public safety sector vs. the amount they intend to auction
to the highest bidder after "stealing" it from the public
and forcing them to buy a STB to continue using OTA TV.
The spots I noticed were on less than a week.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037