[BC] HD Radio multicasting bandwidth

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Oct 20 13:04:29 CDT 2005

------ At 09:09 AM 10/19/2005, cld at admin.umass.edu wrote: -------

>So I really don't see this as a generational degradation of listener. Most
>digital systems sound much better than the cassettes and scratched LPs I grew
>up with, even though arguably these things could have sounded better had I
>access to a McIntosh amp, Grado cartridge, and a pair of Large Advents!
>I don't see much has changed. You buy what allows you to hear what
>you want to
>hear when you want to hear it based on what it's worth to you. Sound quality
>is usually an afterthought.

I think you can add listening environments to this, too. What good is
CD Quality in the subway. Even noise cancelling headsets don't do
much to cancel screeching brakes. If they're in a major city they
have traffic noise, sirens, etc. What's most important is the time
spent listening before fatigue sets in.

Rich