[BC] HD Radio multicasting bandwidth

WLOYPROD WLOYPROD WLOYPROD
Tue Oct 18 10:10:09 CDT 2005

Barry,

If the content were interesting, we wouldn't be discussing HD Radio as
a way to get listeners.

John

>>> barry at oldradio.com 10/18/05 10:59 AM >>>
At 07:26 AM 10/18/2005, DANA PUOPOLO wrote
>Yep..and I guess I CAN'T really hear all those artifacts in Pete
Townsend's
>voice in "Baba O' Reilly" from the album "Who's Next" (recorded in
analog by
>the way).

         Dana,

         The issue is not what you can hear, or what
         I can hear, but what the public will tolerate.

         Tolerate.

         If the content is interesting, they will tolerate
         much more than you or I.

         And remember, no major rated FM has
         much more than a few dB of real
         dynamic range ... otherwise the car
         listeners would lose the station, blending
         or no-blending notwithstanding.