[BC] Listeners' perceptions of problems

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Oct 19 16:00:28 CDT 2005

Bill Sepmeier said:
>I do know that I've been asked twice recently by KOA listeners in Denver to
>explain the "screeching hash" they now find "next to the station." ... They
>have not liked it but it's so new and unknown they hadn't had enough
>knowledge to complain to anyone, both thought their radios were failing....

In my 18 years here at WFIF, any time we have had a technical problem that
took us off the air (or forced us to reduce power) for a time, the very first
thing 90% of callers will say, "Is there something wrong with my radio?! I can't
get your station anymore!"

The vast majority of people are absolutely, totally clueless about how Radio
works. They're just so used to it "just being there" that when it isn't, they
immediately blame their receivers.

Willie...
(Reading via Archives due to ongoing, mysterious AOL mail problems.)