[BC] NorthEast Weather Problems

Rachel Ehrenberg ehrenberg
Wed Oct 19 00:44:57 CDT 2005

I just read about WMJC in R&R, how have our friends in the North-East
faired?  I spoke to my nephew who is in Elmwood Park, NJ and he told me
the "crick" had risen, but nothing major in his area.

Item from R&R:

WMJC/Nassau-Suffolk Returns To Broadcasting With Reduced Power

  The Barnstable Hot AC was bumped off the air Friday at 5:45am due to
  heavy rainfall that had flooded the station's transmitter. A new
  transmitter is now in place, and after 54 hours of silence WMJC has
  returned to the air. However, the station is only able to broadcast at
  11% of its total wattage as Barnstable continues to assess the damage
  caused by the record rainfall.