"Family Hour" was Re: [BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Oct 18 23:57:58 CDT 2005

------ At 06:02 PM 10/18/2005, Alan Kline wrote: -------

>That was PTAR, which as you say, was the rule intended to stimulate local
>programming, but ended up making Merv Griffin a zillionaire.

Whatever you want to call it, I specifically mentioned that hour
between the local news and beginning of network programming. I don't
care what it's called. I made it clear it was local, not network time.

>Today, I wonder if there would be such a protest by syndicators--only because
>there aren't as many as there used to be, and many of those that are
>left are tied
>to the networks (King World/Viacom, NBC-Universal, Buena Vista/ABC/Disney, to
>name a few)

It was also a time when the networks couldn't syndicate their own
product. Now the networks or their parent companies own nearly all of
it. There's nothing to protest.

Rich