[BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

WFIFeng@aol.com reader
Tue Oct 18 20:46:43 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/18/2005 5:22:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rorban at earthlink.net writes:

 > For a given bitrate, HDC is not quite as good as aacPlusV2. However, I find
 >  the 48 kbps HDC streams to be of "entertainment quality." That is, the
 >  artifacts, although certainly audible, do not prevent me from enjoying the
 >  content. From a business perspective, I don't think that the quality of 48
 >  kbps HDC is going to drive away the mass audience.

Coming from one of the men with the reknown "Golden Ears" that's a good
endorsement. I am curious if there is a WAV file sample of this, anywhere? I'd
like to give it a listen.

I remember that Tom Ray had posted some files of the digital signal coming
from WOR a while ago, back when they were working out some codec issues.
Something like this for the FM digital streams would be great.

Willie...