[BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Tue Oct 18 16:26:39 CDT 2005

>From: Robert Orban >
>For a given bitrate, HDC is not quite as good as aacPlusV2. However, I find
>the 48 kbps HDC streams to be of "entertainment quality." That is, the
>artifacts, although certainly audible, do not prevent me from enjoying the
>content. From a business perspective, I don't think that the quality of 48
>kbps HDC is going to drive away the mass audience.

Given this evaluation, how can one say that because of a little multipath or
the occasional AM fading today's FM and AM need replacing then?  Both sound
better as-is than the low bit rate coding I've heard...  :-)

Bill