[BC] Grand Alliance

Robert Meuser Robertm
Tue Oct 18 14:50:20 CDT 2005

The problem is that most HDTVs are not really up to displaying 1080i. If you
look at plasmas and LCDs that cost under about $10,000 they are not true 1080i
displays. If you compare video formats on a CRT, 720 P sucks and it is quite
obvious. CBS and NBC sports are quite happy with 1080 I with fast moving images.
These days trucks are going for 1080 P to satisfy both camps.