[BC] "VSWR" Metering

Cowboy curt
Tue Oct 18 14:34:30 CDT 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 02:05 pm, Richard Fry wrote:

>As with all things, training, experience and good judgment are needed -- no
>matter how good or mediocre the test equipment in use.   A veteran r-f guy
>can make a TDR out of a simple scope, and a short video pulse through a BNC
>tee that will work just fine to locate the distance down the transmission
>line to almost any fault worth worrying about.   It's the result that
>counts.

 Video pulse ?
 Man, you are sometimes WAY too hi-tech for me.
 I've always used a square wave generator with the 'scope.
 ( and a D battery, in a pinch )

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Real programmers disdain structured programming.  Structured
programming is for compulsive neurotics who were prematurely toilet-
trained.  They wear neckties and carefully line up pencils on otherwise
clear desks.