[BC] Anthropomorphisms

Jack Gardner zx422
Tue Oct 18 13:42:09 CDT 2005

  When we built KPLA 770 in 1986/7, we had three transmitters: a fully restored 50
kW Ampliphase main called "Brutus" (ex WPTF 680), a 50 kW Ampliphase future alt-main
(ex WNBC/WFAN 660) called "High Island Herman" and an MW-1 called "Bruce". The last
time I visited the site, Herman was gone, replaced by a Nautel 50 main and Brutus
and Bruce were still there, ready to use as backup for the present KCBC.
   --Jack Gardner, Sacramento

Jim Seaman wrote:
   <snip>
Years later when I worked at 660-WFAN we had three transmitters, but only
the aux rig, an old RCA BTA-5R had a name. We called it "Little Nipper."