[BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Robert Orban rorban
Mon Oct 17 16:16:52 CDT 2005

At 08:37 AM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
>From: "Bill Sepmeier" <dcpowerandlight at hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: [BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!
>To: broadcast at radiolists.net
>

>You'll take Rich seriously after IBUZ fails to impress the public, even when
>or if it is mandated, and the remainder of your sellable audience switches
>to XM, with it's awesomely incredible 96Kbps mostly commercial free signals
>that blow IBUZ away...

Actually, XM's average bit rate per channel is about  half of HD's 96 kbps.
Of course, XM's codec is aacPlus, which is almost as good as you can do at
these bit rates. (aacPlusV2 with Parametric Stereo is better yet.)

Bob Orban