[BC] Troll Management

Fred Gleason fredg
Mon Oct 17 11:18:47 CDT 2005

Howdy Folks:

In light of the seemingly ever-decreasing S/N ratio of this list, I'm
seriously considering canceling my subscription.  That would be a shame,
because it is a useful resource for technical matters, but of late it seems
to have become more and more of a forum for political grandstanding and
personal attacks, and I have neither time for nor interest in participating
in such.

I seem to recall the Hams having a very good guideline:  'Chew the rag about
whatever you want, but keep it clean and avoid religion and politics'.  That
sounds like a sensible rule to me.  There are *lots* of other fora online for
such activities (including AF).  Could we confine discussion here to matters
tech?

How about it, Barry?  Any chance of getting language like this added to the
Charter?

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|              You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.               |
|                                           -- Indira Ghandi              |