[BC] HD and content

Jim Wood, C.P.E.W. electrojim
Mon Oct 17 11:12:02 CDT 2005

>Goran asked:
>
> >But you mention content and IBOC does give you an opportunity to have
> two (or even three) channels. How's that for content?
>
>-------------
>
> Gene replied:
>
>What?  Two or three channels of the same old schlock?  That's an
>improvement?
>
>Goran countered:
>
>Why "same old schlock"? It's the chance to make something new!

    Hold on a sec, guys.  Let's warm up the TV and double-check all those
myriad 'new entertainment opportunities' coming in off the satellite.  Hmmm,
there's
I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, Lawrence Welk (on PBS... our pledge dollars at
work...).  Seems like a lot of 'narrowcasting.'  Does it enlarge the
audience or just
fragment what's there?  I'll bet the networks, HBO, Showtime, the Shopping
Channel and satellite subscribers pay most of the bills.

Jim Wood
Brea, CA