[BC] Bill O'Reilly's interesting comments

Lewis Munn looey323
Mon Oct 17 10:57:04 CDT 2005

Dana,

Seems to me that the ACLU virtually never stands for MY personal rights, but always for those who would interfere with my rights.

I cannot say a prayer in public places, but folks have a right to use profanity in public, which offends my ears and sensibilities.  As an example.  And "God" is often mentioned in both.

I am glad to know that a "neo con" is represented by Hitler.  I have often seen the term used, often derogatorily, but never knew the example of what a neo con was.  Thanks for enlightening me.

And I have often wondered why, if the rights and perhaps ideas of the minorities are deemed so important, the ACLU and others never champion the minority parties to voters as a good bet to restore the balance of power and diversity of thought, and never go after the restrictive voting laws tshat hold the minorities in check??   Or the public school civics teachings that minimize or omit the histiory and viewpoint of minority parties.

Come to think of it, most radio news omits them also!!  Strange?

Looey Munn
Roundup, MT