[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Mon Oct 17 09:58:27 CDT 2005

WOW!!

You're hiring TWO WHOLE MORE PEOPLE to run a 24/7 radio station!

I can't WAIT to hear the local content on that fabulous station!

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Mike <engineermike at mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich I think you are wrong here.  If stations take your approach then
multicasting will go no where.  Offer then something worth listening to
right up front and I believe you will see a turn around in listeners
purchasing radios.  Do the bare minimum and you are wasting your time
and theirs. It's that simple.  In our case we actually did a study and
found what our listeners wanted and we plan on making that our second
channel.  As soon as we get our antenna problem fixed it's the next
thing I devote all my time to.  Yes it will cost us money and yes it
will require more work on the staffs part yes we plan on hiring probably
two more people but we have the approach of build it and they will come
where many are taking the approach of wait till they have radios then
we'll build it.  By then it's likely that those that got it and did it
up front have taken away half your listeners because you were busy
debating what if and how come.  It's here and it's not going any where
so the best thing we can do is suck it up and make it happen the best
possible way.  If you put junk on the SAC and then promote you have a
SAC you've defeated the purpose and you hurt the system.  Like I said
those that put thought into it and money behind it will win and those
that don't will most likely lose in a big way.
Later
Mike