[BC] Building an audience

SHAFFER, RANDY L RandyShaffer
Mon Oct 17 05:03:15 CDT 2005

Rick wrote -
(snip)
>Topic #1 at ABC was "who would replace Paul Harvey?"

Last year when ABC News Now ran the Harvey obit, (the one where apparently we were the only people in the country watching the channel at 1am Sunday) I remarked to my wife that it was the end of an era. I could think of no one who could replace him. 35 yrs ago my grandmother made me listen to him at lunch time when I'd be working at their place. I thought he was boring. I later learned to appreciate his dry humour.