[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Sid Schweiger sid
Sun Oct 16 21:13:24 CDT 2005

>>>What?  Two or three channels of the same old schlock?  That's an
improvement?

Why "same old schlock"? It's the chance to make something new!<<

Even funnier/more pathetic:  The only concrete plans I have heard of, to
date, for HD2 channels have been three stations (that I know of), that
have changed formats in the past year, putting their DEAD formats on HD2
to placate the complainers (and, of course, if just a tenth of those
complainers had had Arbitron diaries, the formats wouldn't be dead,
would they?).  If this is what lies in store for
multicasting...fragmenting the audience even further, with formats that
wouldn't fly on the main channel...then what's the point?

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor