[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sun Oct 16 20:02:41 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/16/2005 3:41:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> without having to spend precious millions on antiquated facilities.
>  If it doesn't generate revenue it's cannibalizing your main channel

Whether it's generating revenue, or consuming it, it's *always* going to be
cannibalizing your *neighbors'* main channels. That's a given. (Especially on
AM.)

Rich, I don't see your posts has harping at all. When it comes to IBUZ, we
are in complete agreement. I think that the answer is the DRM (or is it DRE?)
which uses the subcarrier channels to deliver it's digital audio streams. (And
that you only have to pay for *once!*) Unfortunately for us AM's, there is no
solution except to move to another band. Sigh.

I think the point of the car owners returning cars for "radio problems" isn't
going to be limited to BMW. Whichever other manufacturers start including
IBUZ receivers will be seeing similar issues. Since you have car dealers in the
family, you are uniquely qualified to inform us as to what's *really* happening
out there among the "great unwashed masses".

Willie...