[Bulk] Re: [BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Oct 16 17:45:23 CDT 2005

------ At 05:01 PM 10/16/2005, Robert Meuser wrote: -------

>I don't think it is about Arbitron or traditional program models.
>This is digital delivery for cash in the front door or special
>services for a subscriber fee. I did not say anything about
>fragmenting the existing program model. You're telling me that if
>HIndus have their own channel (that they pay cash for) it will
>suddenly cause arbitron to crumble? This is not about quality, there
>are a lot of analog stations now that would sound better in less than 64 K.

If the Hindus did not listen to radio it would be an addition to the
total universe represented in the survey. If they did listen to radio
it would not increase the universe but would fragment it. I said
nothing about Arbitron crumbling. It would simply report the
fragmentation. In San Diego we wanted Arbitron to include Tijuana as
part of the San Diego metro. That would have made it one of the
nation's largest radio markets. It would have been great for the old
KCBQ. It was the most popular station in Tijuana in its Top 40 days.
It doesn't matter what group you belong to, if you add to the total
universe it's good. If you're already part of the universe it's bad.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084