[BC] "VSWR" Metering

cld@admin.umass.edu cld
Sun Oct 16 16:53:13 CDT 2005

These have been great and informative comments. Thank you gentlemen. May I
boil it down to "a vswr meter is valuable for viewing the antenna system match
to the transmitter in general (for those of us without access to a TDR), but a
good vswr indication should not be taken as gospel truth that there isn't a
mismatch somewhere"?

Which brings us to the next question- if indeed you see a "good" reflected
power indication at the tx output, but still suspect something is awry, what,
in your opinions, are the best places to look (and let's say that you don't
have the ability to climb a tower and check the vswr at different points nor
have access to a TDR). Efficiency?

Chuck Dube
Amherst