[BC] Digital Radio in Australia - Progress??

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Sun Oct 16 10:14:12 CDT 2005

>>So how's 128kbps MP2 going to sound compared to 96kbps "HD"Radio?
>
>The HDC codec at 96 kbps will sound far better than MP2 at 128 kbps, which
>dangerously close to the edge of where MP2 falls apart into gross
>distortion.

Having installed over 300 128kbps MPEG-2 satellite networks worldwide, many
of which you probably listen to daily without knowing it, I challenge this
assertion totally.  Please present your supporting evidence, if you have
anything other than supposed and anonymous "complaints" about Eureka or
trade press "studies" presented by "HD" proponants trying to sell their
monopoly ideas.

Bill