[BC] EAS

khcs@juno.com khcs
Sun Oct 16 01:21:12 CDT 2005

Jason lamented:

> But the PLAN.  Oh My Goodness!  The Plan is ALWAYS right, even if it
doesn't work, or make a bit of sense, because somebody's EGO won't let them
accept facts.  They'd rather broadcast nothing, or garbage, I guess...

Sounds like somebody doesn't care whether or not their plan works.  In our area, we had numerous problems.  Like, in Blythe and Needles, there isn't much of anything in California for the few stations there to monitor.  We had to work it out with the appropriate LECCs in Arizona to take them under their wing.  The LP1 for Needles is in Kingman, and for Blythe, in Yuma.  A section of I-10 around Desert Center has no radio service except for a couple of stations in Brawley.  I had to convince the LECC in Imperial County to air anything going on in that area.  A part of the high desert has nothing much to listen to except each other and possibly KFI.  I told them to monitor whatever they could pick up reliably, just let me know what it is so we don't have any closed loops.  There are ways to get this thing to work.  It just takes some time and effort.

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA