[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Joseph M. Davis Joseph.Davis
Sat Oct 15 19:15:55 CDT 2005

------ At 11:10 AM 10/15/05 -0500, Chris Boone wrote: -------
>As long as the rules don't require the Aux to cover the COL as the main is,
>a number of rimshots will put a digital signal on an AUX antenna in a metro
>area and not on the 2000ft tower out of town where the analog is...so that
>means the COL doesn't have HD coverage.
>
>Yep, that's logical and makes sense.

Nope, the Commish prohibits such an operation.

For digital use as a separate antenna, the aux antenna must be
located within three seconds lat/lon of the main antenna.

See http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-04-712A1.pdf

Joe Davis

Joseph M. Davis, P.E.
Cavell, Mertz & Davis, Inc.
Broadcast & Communications Consulting Engineers
www.cmdconsulting.com