[BC] EAS

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32
Sat Oct 15 18:53:44 CDT 2005

We now monitor a station that's to the south of us (I forget the
call/frequency) that is a RELAY for the Jackson station. There was a big
stink a while back, because a local TV station called the FCC because we
weren't carrying all the tests. The FCC actually came up and took a look. We
had recently gone through our system to be sure it was working, and I had
put our tests into log form for easy reference. It turns out that the Relay
station (it's owned by AFA, I believe) wasn't forwarding all the tests they
were supposed to be. I don't know all the details, but I believe the relay
station was "reamed, steamed, and cleaned" over the situation, but we are
now getting all the tests.

Jerry Mathis
Clear Channel Radio, Tupelo & Meridian MS