[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio s Creative Thinking

Robert Meuser Robertm
Sat Oct 15 17:49:44 CDT 2005

I have spent a large part of my carrer processing stations, selling the
gear and particpating in the development of some processing equipment. I
fully understand how all that works. That is not the point.

 The point I was making is that while watching TV and listening in 5.1
surround, during a commercial break that contained commercials in stereo
and surround, the produced promo for a local FM was the smallest most
restricted element of all the spots.  How can you sell a radio station
when they sound "small" and uninteresting  in the promo against all the
good to great sounding audio around it?