Dave must be REALLY old ! -- was -- Re: [BC] WE Field Engineering

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Oct 15 13:46:37 CDT 2005

------ At 01:52 PM 10/15/2005, Cowboy wrote: -------

>On Saturday 15 October 2005 12:25 pm, DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:
>
> >I can remember when it took ten to 15 minutes to arrange  to make a long
> >distance telephone call from Dallas to Los  Angeles.
>
>  I remember my grand-dad telling me about such things....

Even though I'm still relatively young (started very early) I
remember visiting relatives in Petit de Gras, Nova Scotia, as a kid.
Phones were still crank and party lines. Everyone had a ring code but
the great pastime was to listen in to the neighbors' calls. Didn't
even need a scanner to do it. I wonder if that's where the term
"crank call" came from.

Rich