[BC] TV -- BUZZ (was) April 7, 2009

Chris Gebhardt chris
Sat Oct 15 10:11:32 CDT 2005

John Vodenik wrote:

>>The Digital Transition Fund would 1) help pay for digital-to-analog
>>converter boxes; 2) convert low-power TV stations and TV translators (an
>>important issue with Commerce Committee Chairman Sen.Ted Stevens); 3)

> WHY bother??  I have been wrong more than once, so I ain't no virgin to that.
> Somebody please 'splaine this BIG fixation with digital, be it TV, FM, or AM IBAC.

I must also be missing something.  I've never been impressed with the
DirecTV or DishNet picture quality - not from day 1.  Not that I'm all
that impressed with my current NTSC over basic cable connection.

BUT... I get my basic cable connection for under $15 / month, and with
my TiVo's, I have more than enough channels to keep myself occupied.

My cable company's entry-level "Digital Classic" costs about $50 MORE.
I'll get the same channels.  Arguably better (and I can make a good
argument against) picture.  Plus I'll have to get a converter box for
every set.

This benefits me as a consumer... how?

I'd sooner rent a DVD.  But of course, I'll soon be forced to decide
HD-DVD or BlueRay.

I'm with John.   I've got to be missing something.  And it must be big.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services