[BC] TV -- BUZZ (was) April 7, 2009

John Vodenik jvodenik
Sat Oct 15 07:25:13 CDT 2005

>The Digital Transition Fund would 1) help pay for digital-to-analog
>converter boxes; 2) convert low-power TV stations and TV translators (an
>important issue with Commerce Committee Chairman Sen.Ted Stevens); 3)

MAYBE, I'm missing something here...we shut off analog TV in 2009.  Spend the
money for D/A converter boxes.  You still have a 4 X 3 / 525/30 NTSC signal,
correct?  With digital, you get a 16 X 9 picture that is still ANALOG screen?
Why not make NTSC into 16 X 9 ...or...go to PAL ?  It's still just analog TV.
With digital, you can watch the guy in the back row at the game, picking his nose
clearly.  With NTSC, you just see his hand and not the color of the snot.  Sick,
ain't I ???

WHY bother??  I have been wrong more than once, so I ain't no virgin to that.
Somebody please 'splaine this BIG fixation with digital, be it TV, FM, or AM IBAC.

I have done TV for over 20 years, and thankfully, I don't have to answer to viewers
about their "new and improved" picture quality.  Have they solved the cliff
effect yet?

Just my 2 cents worth

John @ VOA / Delano...playing with 1 MW RF right now.
---- Msg sent via @Mail - http://sosinet.net/