[BC] Building an audience

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Oct 14 22:37:05 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/14/05 6:19:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
webmaster at radiopower.org writes:

Rush  came along and took the time slot just before
> Michael, banged pots and  pans, did parody songs and insulted every
> minority he could  find.

Anyone who listened to Rush in those early days for some period of time
would have to agree that he made fun of everything.  Before he was so  popular the
commercials used for the spot filler were outstanding and very  funny.  Of
course you had to have some sense of humor."Spatual City",   Bungee Condoms,
etc.  all very creative and funny.  Also he was  one of a few conservative
talkers on radio back then.  Now we have too many  all flavors.

I have listened to Franken and others on Air America and maybe I should  hang
around for a week of listening but so far they haven't presented anything  to
hook me or keep my attention.

Content does make a difference.  Personality adds alot.  The  success of Paul
Harvey is a combination of both and has been a radio leader for  over 40
years.

Dave