[BC] EAS

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Oct 14 13:38:53 CDT 2005

Cowboy wrote:

> Today, in 2005, to discard tools that no one has used for 20 years
> is a position I can take no issue with.
> They would have, could have, been EXCEEDINGLY useful, even
> during Katrina, had someone, ANYONE used them as provided.
>
> Now that they merely rust on the shelf, I can not disagree
> that turning them off at the ends of the chain could possibly
> do any damage, especially with the far more capable digital
> broadcast model just around the proverbial corner.

I can disagree on several points. One is why you shun GPS, how else can
a receiver know where it is and which code is applipacble. I speak of
automobile and portable sets.

I submit the duck farts are no necessary any where. As many have stated
and a number of other implemented, a back channel is the most effective
way to handle this. Station to station relay is and was a bad Idea. No
offense intended it that was YOUR bad idea.

Moving forward, I think EAS should me mandated as a part of the digital
stream in IBOC both data and low bit rate audio.