[BC] WE Field Engineering

Stanley Adams stanleybadams
Fri Oct 14 11:09:22 CDT 2005

I am looking for someone who might know something of Western Electrics
approach to Filed Service.  So this will leave some of us younger guys out
since they closed up shop around 1950 time.

Brother Dave may know or brother Fred up in Illinois.

Did WE use their field techs much the same way as the old RCA field service
guys?  You lived where you wanted and just traveled in a general territory
unless they needed you somewhere else.  Or did they all come out of NYC or
Chicago and LA or what was the scoop.

Thanks fellows, and does anyone know of a real live former FE with WE?

One commercial plug, if you are in Sprint PCS territory, we are turning EVDO
data channels all over the country.  500 kb to over 1.5.  All wireless of
course, you now have another option to DSL or cable.  Works pretty good to.

Stanley Adams
Memphis