[BC] EAS

Tom Bosscher tom
Fri Oct 14 08:29:39 CDT 2005

Very simple solution for EAS:

	1.	The feds, for a cost of less than 800 feet of the "Big Dig", could
supply every broadcast studio, and every city/county/state EOC/dispatch
center with the Comlabs system. We now have the proper way for the
government agencies to supply data/audio and pictures to the broadcasters.

	2.	For the cost of less than a half a mile of the same Big Dig, the
feds could hire one of the very qualified consulting engineers on this
forum to design a nationwide NWS 162 MHz system that would cover 95% of
the population, and install the equipment.

	The point to be made. You cannot force a horse to drink water. Like
others on this forum, I am a EAS/severe weather geek. I have the SAME
radios. Not one of my six sisters or my Dad does. But we need the
infrastructure in place to reach all those people.

	The Commlabs system gives the entire US a proper link between the
issuing government agencies and the broadcasters, without using any
broadcasters main channel.

	Next week on: "If I were King", by Tom Bosscher...