[BC] Building an audience

Dale H. Cook radiotest
Thu Oct 13 14:06:05 CDT 2005

At 10:58 AM 10/13/2005, Chuck Dube wrote:

>Did O'Reilly and Hannity get their national exposure on television and
>then make the migration
>to syndicated radio (I'm not talking about local shows)?

Sean had a successful talk show on WGST in Atlanta, which attracted the
attention of both Fox News and WABC. He moved to New York and teamed up
with Alan Colmes on Fox News in September, 1996, and at about the same time
started guest-hosting talk shows on WABC, getting his own overnight show
there in January, 1997. He moved to the WABC time slot following Rush in,
if I remember correctly, the fall of 1997. The strength of his afternoon
show, along with his national exposure on Fox News and (if I remember
correctly) his appearances as a guest host for Rush led to the ABC
syndication of Hannity beginning on September 10, 2001.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting, Roanoke/Lynchburg,
VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml