[BC] Radio Receiver

khcs@juno.com khcs
Thu Oct 13 13:39:57 CDT 2005

Stanley observed:

>Sorry guys, but if you want a real radio, then you must have an SP-600
from
Hammarlund.  You know, a 390A would be pretty nice too!.
For the portable market, it is very hard to beat the Zenith D7000Y.

Yes, but I had an opportunity to combate an HQ-180A alongside my SP-600-JX17 and they were remarkably close.  Both beat the socks off my R-388.  But, I haven't had a chance to try an R-390 or R-390A.  Anybody ever use a Racal RA-17 or `117?

Oh, I once had a ZAenith R-1000 and that was really sensitive, though not as selective as a good communications receiver.

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA