[BC] (Off-Topic) Audiovault help needed....

Cowboy curt
Wed Oct 12 09:22:27 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 09:27 am, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/12/2005 9:14:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>smichaels at b951fm.com writes:
>
>>  Brand new AV2 system is locking up at random intervals.  We have spent
>>  hours going through everything in the system--BE sent a new ONAIR machine,
>>  up and running yesterday, locked up this morning at 1:20am.  Anybody else
>>  having issues with AV2?
>
>Since the problem has been repeated with all-new hardware, it's gotta be
>software-related.

 Not necessarily, but it's been narrowed to software elsewhere.

>One issue I had noted with mine is that Windows XP seems to really get
>confused when you try to access a shortcut in a folder from another machine. (IOW,
>you are logged into the "AUDIO" folder from another box and there is a shortcut
>to "WAVS" inside the "AUDIO" folder. When you click the "WAVS" shortcut,
>hoping to go to the "WAVS" folder... Blam!) I found that this was causing my
>machines to lock-up. (Both of them.) The cure: Remove all shortcuts from within
>folders, and make direct shortcuts on the other machines on the LAN.

 M$ Windows is not a real time system, and due to the way M$ simulates multi-tasking,
 that kind of behaviour would be normal, and expected, in that circumstance.

>You may also want to check the cooling of the PC's.

 I believe that this is not the problem, at this point.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

The fortune program is supported, in part, by user contributions and by
a major grant from the National Endowment for the Inanities.