[BC] Did anyone else get this?

Cowboy curt
Wed Oct 12 09:18:14 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 09:15 am, Mike McCarthy wrote:
>It could have been a spoofed address as well.

 Then it was a really good job of spoofing the routing as well.
 ( not bloody likely )

>I don't think "he" harvested the list's names/addresses.

 Don't know, don't care.

>While I often
>disagree with this guy's design theory,

 Hmm....
 Well, I question some of it, but don't know enough of the details.
 Some of it was as "out there" as I am, but much seemed consistant
 with the business he's in.
 Some of it was just a lack of familiarity with the details, and unique
 requirements of our industry.

>I don't think his company sells
>computer equipment.

 Whether he does or not, it appeared to be the kind of thing some of us
 might be interested in.
 While I might have prefered to just see it on the list, as opposed to a
 "private" mailing if it's spam, then it's the kind of spam I want to see.
 Fortunately, spam-o is intelligent enough to make that distinction.

>He did use the list as a platform to promomte the products however.

 As have I, and others. ( the fact that I'm here at all is blatant
 self-promotion, I just hope that it isn't too subtle.  :-)
 We don't seem to mind the occasional "I got this, anybody want it ?"
 Or an occasional "I could use a job" post, but others do seem to get
 everybody in a tizzy.

 Near as I can tell, this was a one-off shot. No big deal.
 A dozen more, and we might have a problem.

>But given some serious questions to a specific feature they say helps
>in protecting equipment, I'm not sure they sold any from here.

 There is that.
 It left me wondering if that ground thing is in all of his products, or
 just a few.
 It also left me wondering as to the details of the application.
 Like you, and many I'm sure, it's a "feature" I'd look REALLY hard at,
 before using. May be easily bypassed, though. Not enough info.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

The fortune program is supported, in part, by user contributions and by
a major grant from the National Endowment for the Inanities.