[BC] The listeners have changed

Rich Wood <richwood@pobox.com> reader
Wed Oct 12 04:05:44 CDT 2005

------ At 06:44 AM 10/11/2005, David Lawrence
<david at onlinetonight.net> wrote: -------

>It's a waste of time to deny this shift in audience expectation. They don't
>trust, oddly enough, the presenter that chooses to be "fair and balanced"
>even when they mostly are. The audience has been fooled so many times, they
>immediately pigeonhole the outlet, and you're done.

I'm afraid I've got to agree. This is the first time in my life I
don't know where to turn to find out what really happened. I solve
the problem as best I can by using a variety of sources and trying to
figure it out myself. Still not sure I've gotten it right.

I'm from the school that teaches journalism and commentary are
separate. It gives me an uneasy feeling.

Rich