[BC] Air America

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Oct 12 03:04:22 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 4:38:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> The network is relegated to third
>  tier stations in most of its markets

To listeners (or potential listeners) there's no such thing as "tiers". As
long as the signal is listenable, people will find it. Billboard ads will help
add to those numbers. Only in the eyes (and ears) of us Broadcasters, do
stations fall into "tiers".

>  When you have to ask listeners for contributions, there's a
>  financial, not a programming problem.

Not unless they're trying to compete with NPR. ;)

>  With all the financial shenanigans associated with the network I'm
>  surprised its made it this far.

I'm surprised, also. Some very wealthy people are infusing it with cash, but
eventually they're going to get tired of pouring money down the drain if it
doesn't start to pick up and fly on its own. It would look pretty silly to see a
grown man riding a Harley with training wheels.

Willie...