[BC] Air America

cld@admin.umass.edu cld
Tue Oct 11 11:06:28 CDT 2005

Quoting WFIFeng at aol.com:

> I'm surprised that even passed 1'st Ammendment muster. (No, let's not go
> there.)

It wasn't popular and is considered the dark moment to what was otherwise a
brilliant career for Adams.

> Perhaps. I just find it in extremely poor taste. Criticising an
> Administration is one thing. Suggesting it's overthrow by sedition (pun or
> not) is just
> uncool. IMHO. YMMV.

"se.di.tion ( si-dish 'shun ) n. Conduct or language inciting rebellion against
the authority of a state".

This could be anything from a bumpersticker of a line drawn through a "W"
(or a "Clinton" with a sickel for a "C"- as I have seen around) to burning
effigies. Sedition could be a social-democrat march against Nazism in the late
20's, or a lone person standing in a road blocking the progress of a tank.
Depends on how you look at it. Sending an email critical of Bush, Clinton or
even Hillary (as she is part of the "state") is sedition. It depends on the
content of the message along with the presentation. Are they suggesting an
overthough? What's one man's criticism is another's heresy. And remember how
close the words "heresy" and "here-say" are (I just made that one up- pretty
good, huh? It can't be original.)

> belly buttons, we all have one) and discuss it. As a result, some have
> accused me
> of narrow-mindedness and questioned my Professional competence. That, in
> itself, is quite enlightening and revealing of those persons.

That's certainly uncalled for. Whatever happened to decorum?

> *We all have opinions* and they are all different.

Yes we do. And I just discovered I actually *have* a belly button as well! You
learn something new every day.

Take care

Chuck