[BC] Engineering competency (WAS:Air America)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 11 09:07:57 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 9:24:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Robertm at broadcast.net writes:

> I am talking about thought process. I would not hire anyone who has any
form
> of trust or belief structure.

I trust the Laws of Physics. I believe that high voltage is lethal. I believe
and trust that I=E/R. Does that disqualify me?

> I deal with this
>  mentality every week. Dogma type people can not trouble shoot quickly
enough.
>  I want things solved in seconds or at least minutes not hours or days.

When WFIF goes off the air, you won't find me in a corner somewhere, praying.
*get real*!

If I were that much of a dolt, I wouldn't be holding this CE position for
well over a decade.

In most cases, I have diagnosed the problem in minutes and effected repairs
as quickly as possible. Many times, it's been mere minutes from off-air to back
on-air. I could tell many "war stories" but there's really no need. Your mind
is already made up, and you don't want to be confused by facts.

> Sometimes
>  slash and burn is necessary. I dont want someone  around who has to think
or
>  moralize before acting.

You don't want someone who can *think* before they act? Hmmm. Interesting.

Morality has absolutely *nothing* to do with a dark transmitter. How utterly
*foolish* to think otherwise.

>  But then I would never be dumb enough to actually own a station. I have
felt
>  that way most of my life.

That's your choice, and nobody will ridicule you for it.

Willie...