[BC] Re:List perspective

Tom Bosscher tom
Mon Oct 10 13:24:11 CDT 2005

Jeff,

	You hit the nail on the ol head. From my vantage point, I still see way
too many engineers who do not understand their position. We (since there
are two of us here) are a SERVICE department. Now, I may not be like
Midas verses Tuffy, but sooner or later, someone might look someplace
else for a solution.

	There is an engineer in this area that I was told about who put the
hard drives systems monitor on the left side of the console "because
it's easier to work on it there".
	Never mind that your customers, the announcers, are now ALL
inconvenienced. That dude is not thinking.

	I've been here for ten years. At all my other stations, I take care of
the announcers, news people (ya, the good ol days), and the office
manager. Stay on her good side, and you have it made!
	And you are also correct that you do have to stand your ground at times.

	It's a different world.

	tom bosscher