[BC] Perspective

Scott Cason scott
Mon Oct 10 10:06:02 CDT 2005

>>I had a similar thing happen to me when I worked for 1510 in Boston
back in the late '70's...."How long is it going to be?  Well, I can tell you
one
thing: It won't be any faster while I'm talking to you"...inevitably
followed
by a click and dial tone.

I found a quick solution to this one night, quite by accident.  The phone
was right next the door to the building, rushing in, I knocked it off hook.
After getting the station back up and on the air, I thought it was odd
nobody had called interrupting me like before.  Leaving the building, I
noticed the phone off the hook.  Checking the cell phone in my Jeep as I was
leaving (learned long ago to leave it in the car in these situations), there
were 20 missed calls and 16 messages.  I finally talked to the owner of the
station and he complained about the phone at the transmitter being busy.  I
just said something like "oh I must have been on the phone with Harris".
Next time it happened, I took the phone off hook on purpose.  No more calls
from the GM asking if we were on the air yet!  Problem solved.  Ta da!

Scott Cason
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024
www.lagrange-com.com