NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Dan Kelley djkelley
Sat Oct 8 13:59:46 CDT 2005

>I know of one CC cluster where one engineer is responsible for seven
>stations. SEVEN! The manager refuses to hire even a contractor to help him
>out (or cover when he is on vacation or sick). The poor guy has not had a
>day off in well over a year. They even called him EVERY DAY during his
>vacation. The GM called him while he was ON VACATION having a day trip with
>his kids and ordered him into work, threatening him that he'd be fired if
>he didn't comply.

That's rather sad and very unusual to hear in my experience with the
company.  Perhaps a friendly phone call or email to his regional engineering
guy is in order.  Sometimes it takes a little intervention from the top to
get a GM to see things different.