[BC] Common Sense: Paying attention; was... Silence sense?

Douglas B. Pritchett dpritchett1
Sat Oct 8 12:46:21 CDT 2005

You know, I could write reams about this subject, but I don't think
anyone would disagree that what passes for programming and execution is
poor and has lowered the expectations of typical listeners. Ipod, XM,
etc would not be the hottest things since sliced bread if traditional
broadcasters had done their jobs in providing entertaining and
compelling content for their listeners. Now we are left with 24/7
jukeboxes and bloody pulpits of right/left-wing political crap and other
programming that is so narrowly focused that most audiences could fit in
the studio where the programming is created. God, it's a bear getting
old. Just take me now.....    I would give a week's pay just to hear
some jock with life in his voice actually talk up an intro to an upbeat
mass-appeal hit! Please, someone tell me I can find someone who're
entertaining without having to say the word "penis". For land's sakes,
doesn't any one have fun on the medium anymore with out ridiculing
others, putting personnel or listeners in harm's way or playing 31 hits
in a row.
Hand me the ammo.....I'm done....

--
Douglas B. Pritchett