[BC] TV tower kills birds

JYRussell@academicplanet.com jyrussell
Sat Oct 8 09:06:28 CDT 2005

> Don't forget the number of squirrels killed by the power company's poles.
>

> Ballard

Really.  Wouldn't have imagined it... but one followed our 3ph lines down
the side of the pole beneath the cover, then decided it was hungry and
gnawed a hole in one of the lines.
Took a bit of trial and error to find out why the fuse kept blowing as the
damage remained concealed behind the cover on the pole.  Put in a fuse, slap
it shut - !POW! - We finally had cops showing up as the neighbors called in
thinking there was somebody in our yard shooting at something...
Jason